Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 62: X-liptical Marks the Spot

As you might be able to tell from my-less-than-inspired title for my Day 63 workout, not all that much happened on my cross-training day. I had gotten so used to hijinks, elaborate excuses and pop culture disasters, that a day at the gym without incident leaves me a little cold. Where is the excitement of say a fake injury or the death of former Jackson 5 member? Am I supposed to just work out the elliptical for 30-plus minutes and enjoy the Suite Life of Zack & Cody? I guess so, because that's exactly what happened. Boo.

Granted, I could take this opportunity to discuss how this particular episode of Suite Life (the first I had ever seen), was both mildly amusing and a bit alarming. First, Ashley Tisdale is on this show? Who knew? I didn't know why she was famous before, and I'm still a little unsure, but in case anyone was wondering if the nose job was a good decision in hindsight - 100%. She looks like an Ugly Duckling who turned into a swan, but then got hit in the face with a tree branch. Second, this episode was all about Ashley and some of her friends (special guest stars Vanessa "Before She Was Hot" Hudgens and the chick who was on Dancing with the Stars), getting one of those take care of the electronic doll baby assignments that only exist on tween television shows. My issue here was that, wouldn't you know it, all these hot young things go to a catholic school! In Catholic School girl uniforms! Now, when I say "issue" I don't mean it explicitly, because every guy around my age goes above and beyond the normal affection for the naughty catholic school girl thank to a one Ms. Britney Spears. Yum.

The issue is that... well, poor Disney starlets. Vanessa Hudgens wasn't even on my radar until she started snapping shots of her tatas with her camera phone, and then she gets chided by Mickey Mouse. Ashely Tisdale spends years on Disney sitcoms being dressed like an extra from Christina Aguilera's Dirrty video, and then can't grow up. Miley Cyrus goes down on a priest in a rectory and the tabloids explode (at least, I assume they would if it happened). Disney creates these monsters, and then wants to control them and their sexuality. I think it's despicable. And I think the only way to remedy it is with some Mud Wrestling. On Pay-Per-View.

Oh. And I, like, worked out and stuff.

The Breakdown of the Day:

The Workout:



The Picture:

This picture has nothing to do with anything. I just think I look good in it.





Like what you are reading? Show me the love by donating to my Fred's Team NYC Marathon Page!

https://fredsteam.mskcc.org/fundraising/Controller?action=userHome&user_id=40160&event_id=128

No comments:

Post a Comment